Friday, December 2, 2011

Donuts I am going to eat in January. Part 1. Glazed.

I declared that 2011, for me, would be a Year Without Donuts.

As we near the end of the year, I am allowing myself to think about the donuts I've missed - and will soon visit.

1. Glazed

I am, at heart, a Dunkin' Donuts guy. I like cake donuts. I like the consistency, the variety, the thick and sugary beauty of them.

But there is always glazed. As we learned from The Donut Chef most people like glazed the best.

And as much as I grew up with Dunkin' Donuts as the very definition of donut for me, their glazed are at best passable.

We all know that the glazed donut is now defined by three words: Hot. Fresh. Now.

Let's face it. Krispy Kreme owns the glazed donut. Pure hot, fresh, melt-in-your-mouth goodness.

When I break from my Year Without Donuts fast, the most likely first donut will be one of these. It will be New Year's Day. It will be at my church. There will be donuts spread throughout the friendship court and I will introduce myself to a glazed Krispy Kreme and remind it that we are friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment