Monday, January 11, 2010

Donut Paradise

The other day I got a chance to watch Donut Paradise, a Travel channel special.

By the end of the hour-long show, I needed a towel to mop up the puddle of drool.

Travelogue style, the show visited several (in)famous donut shops across the country, including Cafe du Monde, where I spent New Year's morning for several years in a row. Starting out with a fresh plate of beignets and a steaming cafe au lait made each year just a little better. Sure, they're not (strictly speaking) donuts, but they are warm and tasty and covered with powdered sugar and if you haven't had them you HAVE NOT LIVED.


The special also visited Portland's Voodoo Doughnuts which just made me more ashamed that I've never been there.

Truly worth an hour (or less with TiVo) of your time. Watch it and, afterward, I dare you not to rush off to your local purveyor of fine donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment